Sunday 2 October 2016

Donald's assessment

For Donald:
In my opinion, you opened the debate in a rather lively fashion from the business standpoint. Overall, I can really identify the amount of passion you have in becoming the president because of your body language, and enthusiastic tone in your voice. You are always very dialed in, attentive to the points being presented by Secretary Clinton, and you are always very eager to contradict an invalid point. Throughout the debate, I felt like you were a little too eager, as you interrupted Secretary Clinton several times, 28 to be exact. Next time, you should let Secretary Clinton complete some of her points, and then await acknowledgement from the moderator, and respond in full with regards to the topic in play. I really enjoyed the wide variety of knowledge you had to offer on commerce throughout the debate, but maybe next time you could dig a little deeper, and focus on multiple topics instead of one.

Summary:
Overall, I felt like the debating strategies used by Donald in comparison to mine were very two- sided. I feel like Donald and I would share strategies such as:being attentive, dialed in, and the use of a very energetic tone. I don’t think I would be interrupting nearly as much as Donald, but I would certainly feel the urge/need to interrupt at times. If there were two things I would take away from this debate, they would be to further expand on more than one topic, and to always maintain my calmness.

Reflecting on the debate, I felt like Donald was extremely engaged, but more often than not he found himself defending against questions posed by Secretary Clinton. At times his defence came into handy, including his response to not paying income taxes. Trump’s debating strategies are rather strong, but he must remember to keep his cool.






1 comment: